Friday, June 29, 2018

My Cushion vs a Farm

Anyone in the Red River Valley and beyond will understand when I say we had 'a bit of a wind' last night.  I woke up when my phone rang, emergency services warning me of the coming storm, I fell back asleep, woke up again to a sudden massive wind and rain storm.  In my tired mind, I remembered I never retied my sling chair cushion to the chair, and figured when I woke up, I might not have a cushion anymore.  I was feeling bummed and eventually fell back asleep.  We woke up a few hours later to a phone call from Laura telling us they lost their barn in the 80 mile hour wind storm that swept thru the valley.  Chicken coop was tipped over, minor damage to the house, and lots of other wind damage.  All of a sudden my cushion was no longer of any importance.  As daylight came, the damage was looked at and assessed, while there is loss of property, there was no loss of life, Laura and Ryan are safe, Angus (dog) and whatever they named their cat are safe.  Cows, horses, chickens and ducks are safe.  Rumpled a bit, but safe.  It's hard to watch your kids go thru stuff like this, we want to fix it for them.  Please add them to your prayers, there's lots of things they need to do, work with Insurance, Rebuild, Clean Up, they will go on, North Dakota Farm life will survive more than a wind storm.  And when I looked, my cushion is laying on the ground next to my sling chair.




No comments:

Post a Comment